What's new

Netflix: are they OAR safe? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Just want to make sure as I am filling in my rental queue that I am safe in that all the movies are widescreen. I didn't know if I should be looking at every movie's description to make sure it says enhanced for 16x9, or perhaps they've adopted a widescreen only policy. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

I haven't had any OAR problems with them. Obviously if the DVD is only released in P/S, then there's not much that can be done. Otherwise they always appear to stock WS copies.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I know that at some point Netflix had a whole bunch of P&S Mummy Returns. I don't know what they did with that stock.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
My "Harry Potter" was P&S and went back unwatched. I exchanged some email with them, but mainly got automated responses along the lines of "be sure to check our description for the format," "did you check the disc menu to choose the right version?" and "some films are available fullscreen only." My response, to the effect that the disc itself was labelled "fullscreen" and that yes, indeed, it's available in a separate widescreen version, did not elicit a personalized reply, but they did at least immediately credit me with a return prior to their actually receiving the disc back. I guess that counts as a refund of sorts. Their page for the film still says "widescreen."

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I have rented many movies from them and always got the widescreen version when there has been a chice. I do however also make sure it is widscreen before selecting. There are a few titles (like Mummy) they had in P&S, but it seems to be very few.

Ron Birk

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The only OAR violation I've had from Netflix was Airport. Pretty good percentage of success considering I've been using them since August of 2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks