What's new

Nero Wolfe 2001 Widescreen? (1 Viewer)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
My understanding is that in Europe the Nero Wolfe series was shown in 16:9 format except for the pilot. The only US released episode in widescreen was Silent Speaker.

Now I read in one site that some of the episodes in the Dutch released Peason/Fremantle dvds are in widescreen - but another source says they are pan and scan. Does anybody on the board know - are the 16:9 versions available?

This is one on my all time favorite series and I would love to have any/all in widescreen.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
My understanding is that in Europe the Nero Wolfe series was shown in 16:9 format except for the pilot. The only US released episode in widescreen was Silent Speaker.

Now I read in one site that some of the episodes in the Dutch released Peason/Fremantle dvds are in widescreen - but another source says they are pan and scan. Does anybody on the board know - are the 16:9 versions available?

This is one on my all time favorite series and I would love to have any/all in widescreen.
Just thought I'd bump this up with some new info. I haven't yet found out about these DVDs, but in my hunt I found a European version of Before I Die that is in letterbox and about 45 minutes longer than the US broadcast version. The additional footage is mostly byplay with Fritz and other items that don't really add to the plot but are still great fun to see. If you are a Nero Wolfe fan the episode is on YouTube. Search for Nero Wolfe Extended.

BTW - I'm still hoping for info on the dvds or where I can buy these widescreen versions. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks