What's new

Need suggestions on a home theater system (1 Viewer)

daniel_ms

Auditioning
I plan to build a sweet system with a limited budget. My main goal is the 60” Sony Grand Wega. I would like to add a home theater system that has progressive scan and more than just one digital inputs. I was leaning towardds the high end yamaha's.
I am looking in the 700 – 1000 range… any Ideas? If so why? The room is 20x16
Thanks!
-=Dan=-

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
What exactly do you want in your "system"? You aren't gonna get a complete system with high end yamahas for 700-1000bux...a high end yamaha receiver already cost more than that, let alone a complete system.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
We are discussing the amplification requirements, right? And $700-$1,000 for a complete system to augment the Sony RPTV is a tall order unless you plan to go for entry-level components. Your speakers alone or your amplification alone will take up all that money.

I don't know of anywhere you can get the yht-900 for under $1,000. My brother has the yht-700 and likes it alot. I have all separate components that I put together for $1,030 which consists of marantz sr-4200, infinity fronts, paradigm sub, klipsch center and mirage rears. I also got the new panasonic rp82. If you search around you can find some really good deals. If you want specifics on model numbers and places to get them cheap than let me know and I will email them to you. As for the yht-900, it is a good entry level system, but for the same price or slightly more you can put something better together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks