What's new
World Wide Stereo

Need receiver with HDMI and 5.1 analog inputs (1 Viewer)

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
I currently have a Pioneer VSX-515 receiver. I bought a Blu-Ray player and a HDTV (1080P) for Christmas. While I can run the sound to my receiver via either digital coaxial or 5.1 analog, and the picture via HDMI, it is a hassle to try to alter the delay to match the sound and picture. I need the analog 5.1 inputs for my extensive collection of SACDs and DVD-Audio discs, which are properly played only through 5.1 analog.

I have read that the Pioneer VSX - X19 series (519, 819, 919, & 1019) have both, but I have read that the 819 & below have diminished picture quality through the HDMI connections. I honestly don't want to spend more than 300.00, and I only need 1 HDMI input.
Any suggestions? I would prefer near 100 WPC, and I don't need 7.1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

728x90

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I always look to Ac4l.com first and found the Onkyo-HT-R960 from the 9100 htib speaker package for $249 + sh. HDMI 1.3 and 7.1 analogs. But they only have one left .

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
As I said in another thread, the Harman kardon 254 also fits the requirements and can be found on H/K's ebay store for around $200-225 but you have to win the auction. But there are several listed everyday. The 354 usually sells for closer to and above $300.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Thanks for your recommendations. I did do a search btw. None of the threads specifically addressed this issue, at least not in the titles.
I was able to purchase a new, refurbished Pioneer XSX-1019 (2008 model) for 290.00 including shipping. This was the top-of-the-line standard level (not Elite series) Pioneer receiver. It had the best rated HDMI conversion among mid range receivers for that year, and also has analog inputs, as well as a number of other cool features. It will arrive on Friday. I'll be busy setting it up this weekend. I'll tell you how I like it once it's set up.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Here's that other thread I was refering to. I thought it was a little more recent but time really does fly when you start getting a little bit older . Mike also had a $300 budget.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Thanks Gene. For some reason that thread did not come up on my search. I found this deal on eBay, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks