What's new

Need Help with Sports Stats on Jordan and Montana (1 Viewer)

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
I need to know the career totals for:

How many times Michael Jordan missed the basket, and

How many incomplete passes Joe Montana threw.

I'm trying to put together a little inspirational talk for my youth group. Its about not stressing the negative and not giving up. I thought I'd mention that there was a professional baseball player that struck out an astounding 1,330 times, a professional basketball player that missed _____ shots, and a professional quarterback who threw ______ incomplete passes; yet they all still tried their best, never gave up, yada, yada, yada. Then, at the end, I'll name the three players.

The baseball player is, of course, Babe Ruth.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Here is the information that I found:

Joe Montana was 3,409/5391 which means 1,982 incompletions. (Source: Pro football reference.com)

Michael Jordan wsa 12,192/24,537 from the field. Which equals 12,345 missed shots. This does not include foul shots. (Source: NBA.com)

Todd

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Thanks Todd! I googled a bit but couldn't find what you so easily supplied. I appreciate it.

As an add on, here's a trivia question I've never heard answered: We all know Hank Aaron beat Babe Ruth's Home Run Record, but whose's record did Babe Ruth break?

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Your welcome. I just googled their name stats so Michael Jordan stats with no quotes or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks