What's new
World Wide Stereo

Need help with Sony Wega 20" (1 Viewer)

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
I just bought a receiver and dvd player and a couple of speakers for a HT system connected to my Sony Wega 20fs100 (the one without the s-video)
As much as i have searched i could not find a way to turn off the TV speakers in the main menu. the only way to deal with it is to turn the volume all the way down (cant mute because the word 'muting' stays on the screen).

Is there any other way to avoid sound coming through the speakers and the tv speakers?

728x90

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
Jack

I have checked, and re-checked and for the life of me, I cant find it.
the only options it gives me are Stereo and something else. Maybe this TV wasnt sophisticated enough :)

As for now, I have been making do with turning the volume on the TV all the way down.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'll be. And you say the thing only has composite video connections, eh? At any rate, turning the volume all the way down will achieve the same effect as a speaker-mute circuit.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Did you check for a speaker off switch on the back of the set? That's how it's done on my Magnavox.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I ?thought I remembered there being an option in the limited menu.

Jack, the flatscreen Sony does have component. Sony addressed *?this lack of s-video issue.

The other option may be to lookup "keohi" on a search engine and go into the service menu to try and fix this issue.

Good Luck.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Gau,

I have the 24" model 24fs100 in my bedroom, and just to confirm what you found, there is no way to turn off the speakers in the regular menu or the service menu. My solution was to just use the internal speakers for TV viewing and the 5.1 setup for DVD viewing. I have since ditched the 5.1 setup in the bedroom because it was overkill, but this setup worked well for me due to the fact that TV audio quality is generally crappy.

J

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for confirming justin.

now that i have the pleasure of listening to TV/DVD with my brand new paradigm mini-monitors, i dont think i will ever be satisfied with regualr TV speakers :)
so i have the volume all the way down to 0 and its working well for me.

just proves the fact that one should do more reasearch when buying electronics. i bought the tv about 18 mo back and i didnt think the s-video connection would be important. to be honest, i didnt even check to see if it had component or composite (it has both)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks