What's new

Need help with skipping sound (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I have a Toshiba 2200 player hooked up to a Pioneer Elite VSX-33TX through the coax which are all quite new. I've had some problems where the sound will pause for a second or so while watching a movie and am not entirely sure what may be causing it.
It's not the layer change, I know what a layer change looks like (the Tosh doesn't seem to handle it so well) and it has happened more than once during a movie and it doesn't happen in the same place every time.
The manual for the 33TX says that the sound may pause on a DTS track when there is too much information. I can't say for certain whether every disc I've noticed this on has been with a DTS track, but the ones that I can distinctly remember are (O Brother, Almost Famous, Radiohead: Meeting People is Easy).
On meeting people is easy it was happening constantly towards the end, and stopped immediately when I switched to the DD track.
If it is a problem with DTS tracks, is this normal? Do you think there is any way I can confirm that it is the receiver and not the DVD player or a cable? Any help would be appreciated.
------------------

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Stevie B

Auditioning
Sounds like you figured this one out for yourself. Time for an upgrade if you want to listen to DTS tracks. IMHO I believe DTS sounds better than DD so it would be worth it.
------------------
Just one last tweak..there, finished, now all I need is...

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I find it hard that a new Elite Series receiver with a MSRP of $1000 would have this much trouble.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks