Need help with DVD Player problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by sindhu, Oct 18, 2001.

1. sindhu

sindhu Auditioning

Hi Iam a newbie here.
    I have a sony S560D DVD player.It worked fine for 8 months then it started slipping disc and giving No disc error and C:13:00 error when brand new disc was inside.Sony repair center repaired it and it worked ok for 2 months.But again it is back to the same problems. I cannot watch DVD movies fully anymore as half way through the movie it starts freezing frames and stops playing.If I restart it gives me No disc error.Now my warranty is over and Iam at loss what to do.I contacted sony but they say it will cost me $185 to repair it .Can any one help. Anybody have the same problem? what did you do to rectify it?
    [Edited last by sindhu on October 18, 2001 at 08:45 AM]

2. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

3. sindhu

sindhu Auditioning

Thanks for the link. Having checked out the audioreview site I find a lot of people having the same problems as Iam. Guess I have to bid my sony S560D player goodbye from what Iam reading about this model so far.

4. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

Sony has taken my last dollar. I won't buy another Sony product ever again. They claim to have no knowledge of the widespread problems with the 530/560 series. If that statement is not an outright lie, then that just shows Sony's incompetence. I think a class-action lawsuit is the only way we 530/560 owners are going to get some satisfaction.
    BTW, welcome to the forum! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    John
    http://www.twowiresthin.com