What's new

Need help with DVD Player problem (1 Viewer)

sindhu

Auditioning
Hi Iam a newbie here.
I have a sony S560D DVD player.It worked fine for 8 months then it started slipping disc and giving No disc error and C:13:00 error when brand new disc was inside.Sony repair center repaired it and it worked ok for 2 months.But again it is back to the same problems. I cannot watch DVD movies fully anymore as half way through the movie it starts freezing frames and stops playing.If I restart it gives me No disc error.Now my warranty is over and Iam at loss what to do.I contacted sony but they say it will cost me $185 to repair it .Can any one help. Anybody have the same problem? what did you do to rectify it?
[Edited last by sindhu on October 18, 2001 at 08:45 AM]

sindhu

Auditioning
Thanks for the link. Having checked out the audioreview site I find a lot of people having the same problems as Iam. Guess I have to bid my sony S560D player goodbye from what Iam reading about this model so far.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Sony has taken my last dollar. I won't buy another Sony product ever again. They claim to have no knowledge of the widespread problems with the 530/560 series. If that statement is not an outright lie, then that just shows Sony's incompetence. I think a class-action lawsuit is the only way we 530/560 owners are going to get some satisfaction.
BTW, welcome to the forum!
smile.gif

------------------
John
http://www.twowiresthin.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks