What's new

Need help with digital audio from digital cable reciever to Marantz sr4200 (1 Viewer)

Aaron_Morris

Stunt Coordinator
We just got digital cable (only for the channel selection and the fact that we live in an apartment). I can get the digital audio to work on the digital channels, but not the analog channels. In order to get sound for both sources, I have to connect the digital coax and the analog RCAs to the reciever and then manually switch between them. This is a bit of a pain. Is there some way that I am missing to either get the analog soudn signal to output to the digi-coax out or a setting on the SR4200 to get it to auto switch?

Jeramy_K

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,

With digital cable the channels below a certain number (usually 100) are still analog. Therefore you will need to have your RCA jacks and your digital coax connected at the same time.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the auto switch feature as I'm not familiar with your receiver. Perhaps another forum member can shed some light on that.

-Jeramy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks