1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with digital audio from digital cable reciever to Marantz sr4200

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron_Morris, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Aaron_Morris

Aaron_Morris Stunt Coordinator

We just got digital cable (only for the channel selection and the fact that we live in an apartment). I can get the digital audio to work on the digital channels, but not the analog channels. In order to get sound for both sources, I have to connect the digital coax and the analog RCAs to the reciever and then manually switch between them. This is a bit of a pain. Is there some way that I am missing to either get the analog soudn signal to output to the digi-coax out or a setting on the SR4200 to get it to auto switch?

2. Jeramy_K

Jeramy_K Stunt Coordinator

Aaron,

With digital cable the channels below a certain number (usually 100) are still analog. Therefore you will need to have your RCA jacks and your digital coax connected at the same time.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the auto switch feature as I'm not familiar with your receiver. Perhaps another forum member can shed some light on that.

-Jeramy