What's new

Need help with a port on my TV (1 Viewer)

Cory R. B.

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 27" Samsung HDTV, and I'm confused by a port on the back. The TV input menu says I have 2 AV inputs and 2 AV/S-Video inputs. I see both the S-Video combo ones, but I see three normal AV ones. The top one doesn't seem to work. I'll plug a source into it and it won't recognize it. I'll then plug the same source into one of the other normal AV ports and it will work fine. So I can come to the conclusion that this isn't the one in the menu.

What is this blank port? What purpose does it serve?

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
You might want to check that that isn't an output. Many TVs have RCA outputs to send audio back to the receiver (it is really helpful for gamers, because you can swap systems with the front inputs then always have the audio sent to the receiver), and some have a monitor out (I suppose for a VCR/Tivo/etc). That is my best guess.

If the jacks are Red, Yellow and White, it is most likely an output. If the jacks are Red, Green and Blue, Robert is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks