Need help w/receiver to sub connection.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Michael.M.C, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Michael.M.C

Michael.M.C Stunt Coordinator

Updating my home theater system I am intalling a HK AVR 325.

My former Sony STR-D1015 receiver used positive & negative wire connectors (actually speaker connections) to the (powered) bose sub which also accepted positive and negative with RCA connectors.

The HK has only a single RCA sub output plug that is supposed to go to a "line-lever input of the subwoofer. I have no line-level input. How do I connect from one plug on the receiver to two plugs on the subwoofer? Perhaps a radio shack adapter?

If it matters I also have a dual RCA to 1/8" plug for this sub cuz it couple also be connected to a computer sound card.

(there is also a female, "system control", 1/8" plug connection but I have no idea what that is for)

Thanks!

2. Johnny Ayala

Johnny Ayala Stunt Coordinator

Your sub has 2 line-level inputs right? A red and a white one? If thats the case, all you need is a "Y" adapter that you can get from any electronics store. Good Luck [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Michael.M.C

Michael.M.C Stunt Coordinator

Johnny,

Sounds good. Just returned form Radio Shack with one. (I did not know those were called line-level inputs)

Thanks for your help!

4. Johnny Ayala

Johnny Ayala Stunt Coordinator

Anytime Mike....thats what we're here for. Glad to hear you up and running. [​IMG][​IMG]