What's new

Need Help Setting up New Home Theatre System (1 Viewer)

Raheel.A

Auditioning
Hey guys, this is my first time here on the forums although I signed up a while ago.
I need help w/ some settings on my Klipsch Sub-12 Subwoofer.It seems as if its just not hitting right for some reason...
I have the Lowpass (Hz) set to 80hz and the gain is in the top middle. There is a phase switch that has 0 Degrees and 180 degrees what should this be set to? Also I have the Monster Cable 600 Subwoofer wire. It comes with a Y adapter to send the signal to the Left and Right inputs of the sub... should I use that or just put it into the Left LFE input? I have an Onkyo TX-NR901 Reciever, there are so many settings i just cant get the sub tuned right. If it helps, my speakers are
Front : Klipsch Synergy Series F-3
Center : Klipsch Synery Series C-3
Surr : Klipsch Synergy Series S-3

If anyone can help, please do. Thanks
-Raheel

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You'll probably need to calibrate your system. To do this you'll need an SPL meter from Radio Shack and a calibration disc like Avia. Do a search on the forum for Avia or for calibration to learn more about it. Once you've calibrated you should see a big difference.

You might try the Y adapter, but it probably won't help too much. If your system is already calibrated, then your sub may not be big enough for your room.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit

What do you mean? Are you getting output there at all? And I second the notion that an overall calibration of the speakers is needed. Even without a special DVD you can use the test and calibration track that's present on DVDs with the THX-logo/opening.

Raheel.A

Auditioning
The Reciever has a Level Calibration and ive set it according to the Manual "Set the dB level so every speaker is at the same volume" so its calibrated like that me and my dad have been working on it the whole morning and we've gotten it almost figured out so its ok now. Thanks for the help guys :]~ I'm 16 and listening to a Jazz CD Lexus gave us... It sounds incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks