What's new

Need help picking a new reciever 4k compatible (1 Viewer)

Jamey Cariveau

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamey Cariveau
Hello, im new to this forum. I recently bought a 4k 60" tv and I have definitive BP 10 fronts, a Paradigm PS1000 sub, Some ONQ rears, a JBL studio series s-center channel and a Denon AVR2500 receiver. I need to replace the receiver to upgrade to 4k with HDMI ports also. I am still impressed with the quality and sound of my Denon but I need new technology. My price range is a max of $600. What would you recommend and could I still get the same power and sound quality? Thank you.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
5.1 or 7.1?
Atmos?
Need networking?
Need HDMI up conversion?
Need 2nd Zone? Digital 2nd Zone?
Want Android or Apple apps?

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
" I need to replace the receiver to upgrade to 4k with HDMI ports also. I am still impressed with the quality and sound of my Denon but I need new technology"

"My price range is a max of $600"

Did a search on what you had:

Denon Avr‑2500 A/v 85‑watt Receiver

If you don't mind a refurbished unit - This DENON has all of the latest goodies, with 8 HDMI inputs/2 outputs for: $549.99

DENON - AVR-X2200W 7.2 Atmos Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/AirPlay

"What would you recommend and could I still get the same power and sound quality?"

That would be it....though power ratings are not the most reliable, your current receiver is rated at 85 watts/channel - above is rated at 95....so should be close to the same power....

Even though the new unit has Atmos with it - you don't have to implement it -- and if you choose to do so later, you at least have that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks