What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Need Help on HeatSink (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Ok I bought the Zalman Heatsink CNPS7000-AlCu and I have a problem my Gigabyte Motherboard (Socket 939) has the plastic screws which I took out along with the frame but the Brass Nipples do not fit into the backplane that came with the motherboard which I need to do to attach the heatsink.

I can't believe that the heatsink does not come with its own backplane.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Are you sure that it doesn't have a backplate. I have the CNPS7000B-AlCu on a Abit KV8 socket 754 (instructions and parts are the same for both 754 and 939) and it came with a backpate and I installed it with no issues. The parts list also lists one. I would think the stock backplate would work too since mine almost looks the same as the one zalman gave me. Maybe they accidently left it out. Here is the parts list for that heatsink.
http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product...42&code=005009

Hope you can get it running it is a great heatsink, does a great job of cooling and makes no noise. I have one for my cpu and their vga silencer for my geforce 6600gt agp. Though the vga cooler was a pain to get installed.

One other thing when you get it working make sure to turn off cpu fan speed monitoring in the bios. Otherwise the board may think you have no fan, and sound a really annoying alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks