What's new

need help on choosing New T.V. from Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Don

Second Unit
in todays paper they have two pages mainly full of wide screen tvs now the problem is i'm trying to decide on which one remember no limits on the price but the tv has to be from Best Buy. let he reviews begin. don,

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
My friend just bought 2 of the Samsung 30" 16:9's from there. VERY IMPRESIVE for the price. They are being used in bedrooms.

Don

Second Unit
ok heres the names and model 's of the tv's in the Ad. Magnavox 55P8288, Mitsubishi. WT-A42 and WS-B55, Panasonic PT-53WX42 now is this actully a RT tube in it ? Phillips 55PP9352 and 60PP9352, Samsung HCM-4215W, Sony KP57WS500 and KP65WS500 Toshiba 50H72 and 57H82 also 65H82. now most of these i guess the top decoder box's are extra does anyone also know how much extra the boxes cost. Don,

Kevin_W

Second Unit
I would narrow down to sets that offer a DVI input and maybe ask the guys in the TV / Projector forum which of the bestbuy models offer the most flexibility in service menu tweaking.

My buddy has the Philips 55PP9352. Reasonably nice picture, but some pretty bad convergence out of the box.

Ken_F

Stunt Coordinator
Why must you buy from Best Buy?

In any event, if you want to be certain you'll be able to use a future HD-DVD player, you'll need to buy a set with a DVI-CP input. For the most part, only the models released in the last year have these inputs.

Don

Second Unit
ok Ken the reason is it must be Bought from Best Buy is because thats where the person has a charge card with. and their choice to purchase from and for ave why won't you buy any thing from Best Buy ?

Anthony.Lin

Stunt Coordinator
For the same price as what's selling at best buy, you can usually get a better deal off of crutchfield, onecall, or other online places - or you could go to your local hi-fi shop and get better service at the same price.

Best Buy employees are graded by volume, so they don't really care about what kind of TV you get, they just care if they make a sale or not. besides that they're usually not very knowledgeable about each TV, and the average HTF member knows probably a good deal more than what a Best Buy employee knows. Just go into the audio department at Best Buy, and you'll see employees talking Bose-speak; trying to fool buyers into a high-priced sale. If you must buy something from Best Buy, do some research here first, and try to whittle down your purchase into 2-3 TV's, and find the cheaper one @ best buy.

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
I disagree with that bestbuy comment....the sales guy i talked with tried for 15 minutes to talk me OUT of the tv i went in wanting the phillips 60pp9352 stitign ti was too big for the room and that i'd be basicly pissing my money away becaus i wasn't upgrading to digital or hd cable

ALl i wa slooking for is a bigger tv....i'm not that picky about the video quality ya know.....I ended up takign home the 55" model, it was th ebest price/performance tv there had the highest line resolution and seemed to be very bright and have great noise reduction

though the best buy guy also said i couldn;t converge the tv myself i had to get a pro, which i knew was a crock as i already read the product manual online and knew i coudl converge it myself.

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
Your local Best Buy will match prices from your local American TV store. I don't know where you live in beertown, but I would highly recommend you go to the closest one, or their website, and check out their prices too. There is a guy named Greg Schartz (absolutly no affiliation). He used to be at the Waukesha American store and got transfered to the Oak Creek store. This guy really knows his stuff. He was able to answer all my questions and is one salesperson that is more concered with you getting what meets your needs instead how much commission he'll make on a sale, a rare find in todays electronics sales market. It might be worth the effort to go see what he has to say. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks