What's new

Need Help Deciding Best - 37" LCD/Plasma (1 Viewer)

KevinKro

Auditioning
I am looking for a LCD or plasma that fits in our entertainment center that is 38.5" wide. What I figure is any 37" LCD/Plasma with speakers on the bottom or detactable will fit. I need some advice on what I am looking for an what brands are going to give me the best for the money. I have looked around a bit but going store to store is hard to tell what sets have the advantage. I really want crisp lines. I have seen some sets that have the "fuzzy edge" that I don't like I am willing to spend a little bit more.

I have been impressed with the samsung 40" LCD but it doesn't fit and I don't think they make a 37" version. I was also looking into the Protron 37" that sears sells - The specs look really good when comparing the brightness, speed, contrast ratio, and native resolution.

I am really at a loss here and would like to make a decision on brand and model then I'll look around for the best price. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Kevin

KevinKro

Auditioning
Sorry, I forgot to mention - It will be used with some HD signals from a satellite provider and local signals.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
37" isn't a real common size -- I know 'cause that's what I needed too. This one:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

has had consistently good reviews.

There's been one of those sitting in my family room for two weeks now and I'm very happy with it for SD, DVD and HD over-the-air viewing. Oh, and it sound's like you and I own the same #@$! furniture ;) That's exactly the measurement I had to work with and the Panasonic just fits for height and width.

The only nit I could complain about on the Panny 37" is that there are no front panel inputs.

JodyP

Auditioning
LG has a 37" that I've been considering. All of the user reviews I've read have been excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks