What's new

Need help calling up a girl for a date (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
I and several of my friends were at the downtown park Friday night listening to music and we see this girl that used to go to our school. Well, she talks to me the most out of all my friends and I want to call her up and go on a date. Problem is......I don't have her number and two I am shy when it comes to approaching the opposite sex. Any advice? I can easily get her number. Problem is the fact that I would make a fool of myself at 17. I want to know the answer and if she says no then fine....i guess.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I and several of my friends were at the downtown park
Who hangs out at the park anymore? :) Then again, my past experiences at the park have all lead to me getting hurt (breaking arm during a football game, getting rejected by a girl who liked my best friend and not me, etc). But don't let my horrible stories let you down. ;) So pick up that phone and find her number! :)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Force yourself to take the initiative. This will accomplish two things:
1. You'll feel better, even if you are rejected, for having tried.
2. You'll get used to it and you will become less and less shy about doing that kind of thing in future.
Good luck! Man, me you and matthew gotta make some sort of pact or something :D

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Don't think about it, just do it. (Well, have some idea of where/when you want to do something though!)
If you flub it up, you'll be less likely to next time you ask someone out, because you won't be so nervous.
And if she likes you, it won't matter if you seem nervous, she'll still say yes.
If she does say no you can say nasty things about her behind her back.
Those are the rules, enjoy the game.
:)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I think you should listen to Bill, cause he KNOWS his stuff. Come on, just look at his signature, look what he found at the last HTF National Meet. :)

Brad_V

Second Unit
You can't be shy. If you are normally shy, then pretend you're not. Be nice, but take charge and lead. Don't ask her if she wants to go somewhere with you, TELL her. "We should go to such-and-such on Friday at 6pm." You keep her decision-making to a minimum, so then all she has to do is say yes. Most women like take-charge guys. Whether that's good or bad, that's just the way it is.

btw, don't think of "dates." Just "do stuff together." And keep it simple and inexpensive. "Hey, I have to shop at the mall. You should come with me." "Hey, I need to grab some books at the library, you should come with me." "Hey, I'm brushing my teeth right now, wanna help?" You get the idea.

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
Take it from someone who's been there. If you don't ask at 17 because you are worried about saying or doing something stupid, then you will just be delaying the inevitable. I was the incredibly shy type until 28. And THEN I made the mistakes I should have made at 17. Talk about embarassing!! But I lived through it, and so will you.

As for finding the young lady, ask some of your friends from the park if they happen to know where she lives. You might then be able to find her folks in the phone book. If that doesn't work, keep asking people who might remember her. If you know where she goes to school now, try to find someone from there who knows her or perhaps they have a class phone book or something. It CAN be done if you WANT to do it.

Paul

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, since my nostril has already been quoted, I guess there's not much I can add.

Heed the advice, Van (very cool name, by the way). You'll regret it more if you do nothing than if you are rejected.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
CONFIDENCE! I tell you, that is the key. Do your best to talk to her and get her number, but I can guarantee you that it will not go as well as you will want it to. I speak from experience. But, once you do it this time, you will feel more confident about doing it again in the future.
I would take a casual approach to getting her number, not actually asking her out on a date at the time, but getting it to see if she wants to "hang out" sometime. Once you have her phone number, and can actually talk to her, you've gotten over the biggest hurdle. Well, maybe not, but you know what I mean. ;)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
I suggest stalking, but in the "friendly" way and not the obsessive type. Find out where she likes to go, and just "happen" to be there too. Then you can talk to her in a more comfortable fashion, and then ask her if she wants to go again somewhere... just the two of you.
;) Worked with my wife.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
So, Van, are you going to tell us how it all worked out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks