What's new

Need help buying an HDTV (2000 bucks to work with) (1 Viewer)

Josh Q S

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine is looking to spend $2000 US on a new HDTV. This set will be used mainly for video games but DVDs as well. He says he's looking for something no less than 52"

He doesn't seem interested in a projector, but if he wants 52 inches or more, isn't that the way to go? He seems most interest in rear-projection HDTVs, but he needs one that WILL NOT be highly vulnerable to burn-in (like I said, mostly for video games).

Alright, if you guys have any suggestions, information, or opinions on the matter, we'd very much appreciate you sharing them. Thanks!

Chris:H

Auditioning
Hey,

I would go with projector over tv if you have the room for it. Either the X1 now or get the new version coming soon.

Otherwise Hitachi or Mitsubish would be my choice on projectors

Chris

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
$2000 will get you a Mits Hitachi Toshiba in that size (55" ish). Lots to chose from. the contrast will have to be kept low if he is wanting to do gaming and not suffer from burn in.

Other options would be a low end front projector?, I think most / all of the RPTV DLP stuff is out of that price point.

Best wishes,

Gregg

marc

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gregg,

Off topic, but what do you think of the Hitachi 65S700? I just had this set delivered and have not had the time yet ot calibrate. Have you done any of these sets yet and if so, how did it come out after ISF? Thank you.

Marc

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Marc

I really like the new Hitachis. They have come a long way over the past 3 years and calibrate out very nicely. I dont think you will be disappointed.

regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks