What's new

Need help/advice with HDMI cable (1 Viewer)

Jersey314

Agent
Real Name
Tim
Hey guys. I have a panny plasma and a PS3. I currently have my PS3 and cable box each hooked up to my plasma via this HDMI cable from amazon:

Amazon.com: HDMI Cable 2M (6 Feet): Electronics

As you can see this cable is extremely cheap, but I'm not sure if it's version 1.3.

I just bought an Onkyo 606 receiver so that I can get lossless audio and I have to buy a third HDMI cable. Do I need to buy a different HDMI cable (perhaps from monoprice?) to get lossless audio or would the above cable from amazon be sufficient?

Also, if I go with monoprice, which cable should I go with? I'm overwhelmed on that site (I don't even know where to begin). Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm not sure about that particular cable, but I did buy this HDMI cable from Amazon for $11 that works fine.

If you order from Monoprice, I would just get the Premium 24AWG HDMI 1.3a Male to Male Cables in whatever length you need. They are all under $10 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks