Need Blue film for Sound&Vision DVD Tune Up Help!!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by RonJon, Mar 6, 2004.

1. RonJon

RonJon Auditioning

I bought the Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune Up DVD several months ago. I used it to calibrate my main HT system and the one I have in my basement recreation area.
    It really did help. I just bought a new Sony 36" direct view and I want to calibrate it along with a RS sound pressure level meter for my 6.1 setup.
    My problem is; I lost the blue film filter for the video color calibration.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement sheet of that blue color film? Feel free to email any suggestions or post!
    THanks!:b

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

If you're rich, you can go to a camera shop and (maybe) get a deep blue - Wratten number whatever. Of course decent camera shops seem to be fairly rare nowadays...

If you can find a theatrical supplier in your area, Lee, GAM, and Rosco all make a wide range of polyestar filters for lighting. Any reasonably dark blue will work, or, in a pinch, folded over a couple of times.

Filters are typically 20"x24" sheets, and cost $6-$8. Lee 79 (Just Blue) is a little thin and needs to be folded over a few times, but there are numerous others.

You can also probably ask for a 'swatch book' for Lee, GAM, or Rosco. It's a book of 1"x3.5" filter samples. Find the one that works for you. Most suppliers will hand them out for free. On the plus side, you can also find a red and a green, if you're perverse enough to want to see how bad your color decoder really is...

Leo Kerr
    [email protected]

3. Robert*S

Robert*S Stunt Coordinator

Hey RonJon,
    I have Sound & Vision HTT and mine came with 2 blue filters. PM or email me with your address and I'll send you one of my extras. [​IMG]

rob.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter