What's new

Need advice for choosing 32" lcd or plasma (1 Viewer)

MichaelKl

Auditioning
Newbie here looking for some help/advice. I need a new set for the bedroom. Space is definitely an issue so needs to be either LCD or plasma. I will be using the set to watch SDTV, some HDTV(especially as programming increases) and DVD's.
First thought was Sony KE-32TS2 plasma but then saw the new Panny LCD TC32LH1. Picture looked terrific, even better than the Sony but am concerned because the set is ED and was told could not watch true High Definition with this. After doing some more research became more and more confused! (ALiS more harm than good)
Some of the features am interested in are:
Price: under $4,000
2 tuner for picture in picture
Sleep Timer
Speakers(preferably decent ones)
Also wondering about DVI(Sony) vs HDMI(panny) inputs
Also wondering about the 32" Hitachi HIT 32HDT20, was told hitachi actually makes the Sony's(don't know how true that is)
Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated!!

Tien_N

Agent
Hi,
I'm not an expert but I will try to give as much info as I can since I myself just bought the Hitachi 32HDT20 and loving it! At one point in time, I was a true Sony fanatic but their prices for plasma was keeping me away :frowning:

To tell you the truth, I wasn't planning on getting a Plasma for another 2-3 years when prices become more reasonable (and within my budget, hehe). Well the other week, I was surfing the forums and stumbled upon perhaps the greatest deal I've ever seen for a high end plasma tv. The site (UCW Web) is actually a refurb Hitachi dealer and deals directly for Hitachi, meaning all your orders come directly from the Hitachi warehouse. I got the 32" plasma for $1870!!! I couldn't believe it either til it came in yesterday directly from the manufacturer and it was flawless. Shipping covers carrying it up to my apt and setting the TV up too.

Q: Price: under $4,000
A: yes, it's only $1870 so you can buy 2!

Q: 2 tuner for picture in picture
A: yes

Q: Sleep Timer
A: dunno, have to check that

Q: Speakers(preferably decent ones)
A: yes, 10W on each side, not bad, pretty loud

Q:Also wondering about DVI(Sony) vs HDMI(panny) inputs
A: It has DVI inputs and outputs (on the tuner box)

Q: Also wondering about the 32" Hitachi HIT 32HDT20, was told hitachi actually makes the Sony's(don't know how true that is)
A: dunno if they make the sony's but Hitachi and Fujitsu make the same screens b/c they have a factory they build the plasmas together at

I tell you, I still can't stop looking at it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks