What's new

Need a suggestion on which one to go for from the following.. (1 Viewer)

amajgaon

Auditioning
Real Name
Abhijit
Hi,

I was a bose fan and after doing some reading, now I am not. I brought a Lifestyle V30 system home and set it up which I am going to return before 30 days.

I have a few options and I would be really thankful if experts here share their opinions/suggestions for them.

For the Receiver -- Yamaha RX-V667 or Pioneer VSX1020 - which one should I pickup?

Option 1 - Any of the above receivers + Mirage MX 5.1 speakers

Option 2 - Any of the above receiver + Paradigm Cinema 110CT system

Option 3 - Any of the above receiver + KEF KHT 5005.2 Wireless system

Option 4 - Any of the above receiver + a Velodyne 10'' sub + ?? (speaker system)

Size of the speakers is one of the decision factors for me as I will be moving back to India in an year or so and I will have to take them with me..

Please let me know what would be a good option from the above. I am looking for the best quality.

Thanks in advance!

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Just curious, what turned you off to the Bose V30? Did it sound as good in your home as it did when you listened to the Bose demo in the store? Anyway you did make the right choice and may save a few $$$$ in the process.

I have read some discussions that Pioneer may be getting out of the Electronics business, you may want to check it out.

Speaker selection is a very individual decision and a system one person likes may not appeal to you. Many manufactures make smaller satellite type systems so listen to as many as you can. One thing to beware of is the smaller the size the smaller the speakers so you may be compromising mid range performance. Most manufactures tend not to go smaller than a 4" driver in their satellites for that reason.

Also what ever you end up buying make sure that it will function on the Electric Grid in India.

amajgaon

Auditioning
Real Name
Abhijit
Obviously, it didn't sound as good as it did in their demo room..

Thanks for the Pioneer heads-up!

I do agree with your comment about speakers but could you please recommend which brand is better than another from what I have listed?

Yes, I will check on the power rating and take the necessary care..

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I had a very good experience with my Harmon/Kardon satellites. But if you can swing it, I would go with book shelfs. I like Axioms, and the M22's aren't that large. Couldn't you just ship them back when the times comes? Or is that too expensive?

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
I understand that you got duped by the fancy but faked Bose demo, and are looking for some sound and ethical advise. As far as I know Bose is the only company that plays marketing tricks with their cube systems. What you should do when listening to speakers is to bring along some of your favorite music or media to listen to in addition to what is presented to you.

I don't like to push a particular brand because the decision is very personal. Speaker selection is the hardest, but most important part of putting your system together. I listened to many satellite systems and remember , Kipsch, Energy, Definitive Technology, and Mirage product lines and didn't scratch the surface as to what is available. I settled on the B&W M-1 system as they sounded the best to my old ears, and am very happy with them for both TV and music listening. However, the B&W's and most of the other products I auditioned cost more than your total budget. I have owned and listened to many speakers in the past 45 years so I have formed a bias as to what sounds good to me, and it may not be what sounds good to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks