need a new DVD player with this spec

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mishal Sweat, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Mishal Sweat

Mishal Sweat Extra

hi

i want a new DVD player can do these :

DVD
    DVD-R
    DVD-RW
    DVD+R
    DVD+RW
    DVD-Audio
    S-Audio CD
    VCD
    SVCD
    Audio CD

NTSC/PAL

and 24Bit/192KHZ or above.
    DD , DTS , DTS/ES , DTS/EX ( 7.1ch no problem but not intersting )

and have a very good picture and sound quality.

any idea ???

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Mishal, you'll have to write one of the manufacturers and tell them you want all these features in one player. Because no such player exists, and most likely won't—especially in regard to being able to switch between PAL and NTSC.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Malata is probably your best bet, tho I hear it's had some problems with some writable formats

Only 2 players on the market do PAL/NTSC conversion properly, that's the Malata and a JVC model. They both feature superior image quality.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mishal, very simply, there are only three "universal" players, meaning models that do SACD and DVD-Audio, available at present. They are:

* Pioneer Elite DV-45A
    * Pioneer Elite DV-47A
    * Marantz DV-8300

None of these models offer everything you want. For one thing, they show the chroma bug, and the '47A and '8300 have gotten mixed reviews on the audio side.

The following universal players will be available by year's end:

* Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai (replacing the '47A)
    * Yamaha DVD-S2300
    * Onkyo DV-SP800
    * Integra DPS-8.3

I doubt any of them will do everything you are looking for either. Some of the features you seek may be incorporated into universal players in time, but I'm not sure about NTSC/PAL conversion. That is not a feature that most people look for, so I question whether the major manufacturers will incorporate it. I could be wrong, of course.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mishal, one more thing. With respect to NTSC/PAL conversion, I was referring to models sold in the US. Perhaps you will be able to find NTSC/PAL conversion in a universal player sold overseas down the road.