What's new

Need a longer power cord for my VTF-3 (1 Viewer)

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I just recieved my VTF-3 sub today. Boy is it one heavy sucker. I was wondering if can replace the power cord on it with a longer one, like a 12ft one. The one it came with is not long enough and looks pretty weak compared to the phat cords my Denon 4802 and Panamax 5300 came with.
Where can I buy replacement power cords for cheap 12ft or longer. So I dont have to run with a extension cord to my panamax.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Any Electronics store would have them. I don't know how long though. Also any music store that sells Guitar amps or Pro Audio gear should have them.

David Markowitz

Auditioning
How long is the included cord [said the guy who has one on order]? This may become an issue for me too. You're trying to plug it into a switched outlet on your amp?

Bolivar G

Second Unit
No not trying to plug it into My reciever. Trying to plug into one of the High Current outlets on my Panamax 5300.
The included cord is 6ft and not that thick around.

I looked at partexpress and they only had 6ft cord only also.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Bolivar,
here's another consideration, but not critical: To validate the Panamax warranty, they want all equipment to be run thru their box, including cabletv/sat coax and any telfone you use with sat.
Now Panamax sells a 10-ft "approved" ext cord here for $8.
In the unlikely event a surge/spike/lightning blows everything up, and you turn to Panamax for the connected equipment replacement warranty, they may wanta look at the box. In reality, I dont know how they wud find out you had am "non-approved" ext cord unless you told them!
bill

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I currently do have everything ruining thru my Panamax, even my PS2. I may just buy this aproved cord for the hell of it and go with it, since its just 8 bucks. Unless I can find a reasonably power cord.
Thanks for the info Bill :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks