What's new

NEC HT1000 price reduction! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Guy:

Thanks for the input. BTW, why did you decide to get this projector out of the various models out there?

Parker

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
Price/performance is very good AND performance was at level above my minimum threshhold. It basically dropped low enough that I could pick one up, use it freely and not feel at all bad about it. I hadn't expected it to end up looking so good. NEC has done a nice job with this one.

The HD2's current and upcoming can outdo this machine, but I wasn't willing to go higher in cost until I found a machine which could outperform my main machine, a NEC 135XGLC CRT projector.

Another top candidate for a day to day "scratch" machine was the inFocus X1. A low cost unit which I think could be modified to be an even better performer than stock. However, the lower resolution and remote control power options were worrisome. I decided to pick up a sure bet at a higher (but still palatable) price.

I expect that prices will drop come Oct, but I really wanted to get a unit installed ASAP to help preserve my prized CRT projector. The poor thing was being used for everything from TiVo to movies. Now it will only be used for critical viewing movies and HD. What a boon to find that I also ended up with an astonishingly good picture from it little cousin. The two of them are like shark and remora in size.

Mounting the Ht1000 was such a simple job compared to winching a 140 lb mass to the ceiling too! Thankfully, their remote control command don't interfere with each other.

santhosh

Auditioning
Hello There

I just got Installed HT1000,Is there anything i should to get this ptojector to perform better than out from thre box setup.

I got 100 inch screen tech screen.Any idea,tip is greatly appreciated.

Santhosh

santhosh

Auditioning
I got my dvdx2 VCR ,laptop connected directly to the projector.I dont want to use the projector all the time.How can i connect another tv to the exsisting connection

All the video is connected to projector HT1000,Audio is connected to Denon AVR 3300O,How do i get additonal TV connection so that i could use TV rather tha projector.

Your reply id greatly appreciated

Thank you in Advance
Santhosh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks