What's new

Neat Wonder Years Reunion on Justice League Unlimited DVD (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've posted news a few times for this Tuesday's release of Justice League Unlimited - Saving The World, but somehow this escaped my notice until just now!

The episodes on this release are "Initiation", "Hawk and Dove", and "Kids' Stuff". The middle one features guest hero team Hawk and Dove, a pair of powerful brothers, but - as their names imply - have opposite philosophies. Hawk (Hank Hall) is brutal, and Dove (Don Hall) is a kindler, gentler superhero. This looks like it was the 4th episode aired in the show's 3rd season (the first season where it was renamed from "Justice League" to "Justice League Unlimited").

What I just found out was that the brothers are played by none other than Fred Savage and Jason Hervey, who played brothers Kevin and Wayne on The Wonder Years! Whoa!

In a twist from what you might expect, though, Hervey plays the decidedly un-"Wayne"-like Don/Dove, and Fred savagely does the voice of Hank/Hawk!

To further throw some irony into this: she doesn't appear in the "Hawk and Dove" episode, but in the episode "Kid Stuff" (also on this disc) is the villianess Morgaine Le Fey, voiced by none other than Olivia d'Abo (older sister "Karen" on The Wonder Years).

Great, fun casting that only makes me yearn for some real Wonder Years DVDs in season sets, complete with the real music. Oh, I know it will be a miracle if we ever get that. In the meantime, it will be fun to hear these actors' voice on this release (I have a 7-year-old son...not that I need an excuse to buy anything I want to!). Plus I have the old out-of-print Delta "best of" WY discs (5 eps on 2 separate DVD releases...not much there!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks