NCAA football for Xbox or gamecube?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim__B, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

Trying to decide between these 2 systems and the one that will have this game will be my choice. I know PS2 has one but I don't want a PS2.
    Thanks

2. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    I don't know for sure, But I am guessing that both of them will have it.

3. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

I wished I knew where I had read this but I remember reading that it would be a PS2 exclusive, which is why I broke down and bought a PS2.
    ------------------
    You've never worked in the private sector. They expect results.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

You shouldn't buy a console based on one game. The PS2 has some stellar titles (sports games or not) and so will the GCN and X-box. I think each one will get sports games, but the PS2 has the most already (duh) and will be getting them sooner than the other two consoles. Check out videogames.com because they should have release dates and platforms for games.

5. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

If you read the entire post, you would know that I said the XB, GCN, and PS2 will all have a bunch of great games. I didn't use the "Luigi/Metroid/Mario/Zelda" or "Final Fantasy/Metal Gear Solid/Silent Hill/Devil May Cry" arguments. There is no reason why you shouldn't take advice from me.

7. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I dont have any inside information but on all of their previous systems Nintendo is notorious for releasing terrible sports games. Tecmo Bowl, NBA Jam and Punch Out were great but Sony and Sega have been offering the best sports titles for years. If Gamecube offers some good sports games then it will definately be my next system but i'll just have to suffer with Dreamcast till I can get some hands on experience with these new systems.

8. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

All of the SEGA Sports titles will be ported over to all systems. So you will get the best Footbal, Basketball, Tennis, etc. on all systems (PS2, Gamecube, X-Box). IMHO, the only EA Sports title worth a damn is NHL. NBA Live and Madden don't even come close to the SEGA Sports titles.
    -Dean-
    ------------------
    My HT Equipment
    "I've seen you and you are not cool."
    [Edited last by Dean DeMass on August 20, 2001 at 07:41 AM]

9. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

I just read over at IGN that it has not been determined if NCAA CF will be ported to the X-Box. Whomever they talked to from EA stated that depending on the success on the PS2, they will determine if it will be ported.
    On a personal note, this game is the reason why I bought a PS2. For me, one game does matter. I only play/buy 3-5 games a year and mostly from the EA Sports library. I do not rent games often, maybe once every other month. I really wanted to buy the BOX but since this game will be on the PS2, that is what I bought. If it is announced for the BOX next year, I will Ebay the PS2 and get it.
    ------------------
    You've never worked in the private sector. They expect results.