Nat King Cole, what a voice....

Discussion in 'Music' started by Karl_Luph, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Just happened to catch a special last night on PBS about Nat King Cole.What class and sophistication, something that's rarely seen these days. I was thoroughly entertained by his genuine musical talent and superb voice. I would have to say he had one of the best voices I've ever heard. His voice was so unique,pure,and always soothing.There was a sincerity about him that was so pure,almost hypnotic.He had all the talent and looks to be a superstar, but unfortunately he died too soon.If you've never heard Nat King Cole sing, I'd recommend listening to a copy of "Unforgettable" or "When I Fall In Love" just a few of his many huge hits.Another part of the show I enjoyed was seeing and hearing his very lovely and beautiful family.

2. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

I agree, he's one of the best. My mom really likes him, probably her favorite singer, so when I was young I'd always hear Nat's music in our place. As a result I appreciate his smooth style.

3. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Geez, I almost made the same post a few weeks ago (on the best voices), and Nat King Cole was on the top of my list at that time [​IMG]

4. Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry Second Unit

One of my favorite movie scenes is Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek waltzing in the headlight beams on the open prairie in BADLANDS to Nat King Cole's A BLOSSOM FELL. Absolute magic.