What's new

Nashville Star 2005 Premiere 3/1/05 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I know that probably 3 people here watch Nashville Star, but in case you did, the 2005 season premiere airs tonight on USA at 10 p.m. EST.

I tend to like Nashville Star because of the songwriting component to the competition, and the no age ceiling limit has brought to the fore quite a few contestants that otherwise would not have had the exposure on a country talent show.

I wonder if we'll get a great female singer this time around as the competition has been dominated by men so far in the past 2 seasons.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
I watch it ,was a great series last time ..I see it's hosted by Leann Rimes this time which should be interesting.
Last time we (in Canada) didn't get to see it until 2 days after the US ..This time we get it at the same time which is great

Guess the judges are new too

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Leann Rimes has dropped a lot of baby fat in the past 4-5 years, she is thin!

The Good:

Casey - Good way to start. Cute and can sing.

Tamika - Has a big voice, we'll see if she can also rein it in.

Jason - Enjoy his "N" (wife) more than his singing, but at least he sounded country.

Jayron - It looked like he was going to cry all through the song, not my kind of country vocalist.

The okay:

Jenny - Food poisoning, stage-fright, whatever, I think she'll make it one more week.

Erika - Too young, and appeared to have connection with the song she sang.

The Not-so-good:

Christy - Couldn't stand her singing or personality.

Jody - Couldn't really make sense of his vocal, not too enticing

Josh - Has no voice, may make it as a guitar player, but on life support.

Justin - short on vocals, I predict a short stay on the show.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I like the show too!

It's too bad we don't have any "Canadian" contestents this year... "George Canyon" was awesome! He's actually doing quite well up here now, he's been "signed" to Universal and has an album out already. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks