What's new

NASA launches Einstein experiment from California. (1 Viewer)

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
NASA scientists just recently launched their 700 million dollar satelite, which they have been working on for 40 years. The satelite is designed to test many of Einstien's theories and predictions.

Pretty interesting stuff!

LINK

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
Think they'd actually tell us what their findings really were, probally not but its about time they did something that can really make some noise in the scientific community. I for one will try to follow this closly, I love this stuff!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Will it spin against the earth's rotation really fast and make time go backwards? :eek: maybe its already happened but we dont know about it...

Oh wait, thats SUPERMAN, not Einstein...

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
*ahem*

:D

Actually, the interesting thing is, it boils down to an extraordinarily precise inertial navigation box, INS was used before GPS days for navigation, some of them use lasers instead of gyros, but same principle

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
A buddy of mine worked on it for a few years, boy was that thing hosed up.....and I've seen some really hosed up projects.
Considering the money, hope it works...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks