What's new

Narnia 4-disc SE booklets missing? (1 Viewer)

Bobby S

Grip
Just got the new 4-disc Chronicles of Narnia SE and there is no booklet inside, although the photo on the back of the package showing the contents of the set seems to show a booklet. There is a very large pocket on the inside of the packaging ut the only thing in it was a rebate form. I brought my copy back to Wal-Mart and they actually opened another set for me to check if it had the booklet, but that one didn't have it, either. I believe some people are reporting their set had the booklet, and some are saying theirs did not, but does anyone know for sure if these are supposed to be included with the set? It sure seems odd that the 2-disc edition had a nice booklet included, but the deluxe 4-disc edition doesn't. I can't keep returning the set to exchange and hope the next set I get has the booklet. I e-mailed Disney but no response so far. Thanks to anyone who has any answers.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Kind of a rip for $35, but they might have changed their mind during disc production.

I've seen sets with pockets before but no produced booklet, maybe you can score a two-disc booklet and throw it in (that's what I'd do).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Try calling Disney's CS. A number of years ago, my toddler cousin mangled the insert from my Little Mermaid disc, and they were more than happy to send a replacement (in fact, they sent an entire new case).

James D

Second Unit
I just received my copy from Amazon. Alas, there was no booklet in my copy(so it's not just a batch that Wally World got).

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Got mine from Amazon - no booklet. I already sent off an e-mail to Disney DVD, but haven't heard back. Probably will have to just call anyway. One of the online reviews also mentioned that they did not receive the booklet.

Bobby S

Grip
Checked out the packaging today for the deluxe Gift Set with the bookends, and on the back of the box depicting the contents of the set a booklet is shown and referred to as an 8-page collectors booklet showing the Narnia time line, or something to that effect. So apparently if you buy the Gift Set you do indeed get a booklet as well as a certificate of authenticity for the set. Just seems foolish on Disney's part to omit this booklet from the regular 4-disc editions, especially if thay managed to include it in Canadian editions.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Just received my 4-dsic set from Amazon today -- no booklet. The description on the back of the box does say it includes "a vivid and in-depth companion guidebook" -- if this is the booklet in question, there's no doubt that it should have been included. Time to call Disney.

Mark

James D

Second Unit
According to DVD Empire, the missing booklet was a mistake. If you call 1-800-723-4763, Disney will send you the booklet.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
MAJOR Kudos to Disney. I e-mailed them the complaint on Thursday night, got a response on Friday morning requesting my mailing address, and my replacement booklet arrived in the mail TODAY on Monday. Amazing!!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
People always jump all over Disney, but I will give them credit where credit is due: they have one of the best customer complaint departments around. I had problems with the Dinosaur 2-Disc SE and they sent me a replacement within 2 weeks.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
If it's the little red "booklet" titled "Companion Guide"--my copy (shipped from Amazon 12/15/06 and received a few days later) did have the booklet, FWIW.

If it's not the booklet I just described...then I guess I'll be needing to make a call, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks