What's new

N-Center Problem. Need input. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
I have my Ncenter hooked up to a VR-507 and its seems that on some cds the 3/4" high/mid range tweeter seems to hiss a bit. Weh you get close you can here a little static coming out along with the music. Ive noticed this on 2 cds so far which are powerman 5000 and ozzy osborn. Maybe slight scatches are the problem? Also it only happens during certain songs. Any help will do

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
An important note is that the JBL "N" & "S" speakers are very revealing in that they reproduce exactly what is fed into them. If the program material (music or cinema) is recorded bright, the speakers will sound bright. The same is true with older CD Music mixes, if the master source had 'hiss', the speakers will reproduce what's there. Since you write that it " only happens during certain songs", makes me believe that what's happening. If your other Music CD's (new digital recordings) don't exhibit the hiss, then it's in the master source material.
Personally, I only listen to my PCM Music CD's with the 'effects off' (2-channel w/sub - Yamaha RX-V995) so I can enjoy the near Pro Monitor Studio flat frequency playback (N-24 front left/right.... 89 Hz to 18.9 kHz ±2.7 dB per Sound & Vision Tom Nousaine), . . . not toed-in so I can enjoy the floating imaging and solid wide soundstage (JBL N24's are noted for) mixed/encoded in by the Sound Mixing Engineer.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks