What's new

My Universal Wish List From the Kino Deal (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
You can also remove The Raven (1935) from the list, as it's coming out as part of The Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff Collection from Scream Factory in April.

I wish that, for the price they're asking, Shout! would add the one title that seems to be rather obviously missing: MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE. No Karloff, but Lugosi's certainly there.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm surprised Bedtime Story hasn't received a release since the new film "The Hustle" is a remake of a remake. Maybe the elements are in really bad shape.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
This thread is less than one year old but already several of the titles listed have come out on Blu-ray disc or are about to, although many are from other labels.

Reactions: PMF

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
My list: I'd Rather Be Rich(1964), Bus Riley's Back In Town(1965- was on VHS years ago), Fluffy(1965), A Man Could Get Killed(1966). None of these on DVD or Blu Ray. Also more Universal horror, Abbott & Costello, Deanna Durbin, Universal Westerns From the 50's and a bunch of neglected Paramount titles from the 30's & 40's. Many not even on DVD.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Red Sky at Morning (1970)
Sword of Lancelot (widescreen only)
Dark Intruder
Blindfold
Marnie (remastered)
Island of the Blue Dolphins

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Red Sky at Morning (1970)
Sword of Lancelot (widescreen only)
Dark Intruder
Blindfold
Marnie (remastered)
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Blindfold is available on a very good U. K. Blu-ray disc.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
With Death Takes a Holiday and Easy Living on the way, I have high hopes for more Mitch Leisen and some DeMille, as Elephant Films France has released three gorgeous looking ones which are region free.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Two Mules for Sister Sarah in 4k? Why? It didn't look all that great when it opened.
A 4k of the Todd AO Airport would have been great.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The question is will Kino even continue their deal with Universal into next year? The past few months have seen very little on new releases from them , at least for older catalogue.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
It's not looking good. I still hope something happens with KL and Universal. But lack of announcements by KL of older Universal titles over the last few months doesn't make me hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks