What's new

My Universal Wish List From the Kino Deal (1 Viewer)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I would love to see Kino tackle some of the Abbott and Costello catalog from Uni, also The Heiress - long overdue for Blu rediscovery, and Going My Way. Both of these latter flicks are Oscar-winners to varying degrees and such a shame they are MIA in hi-def. Deservedly in need of an upgrade.

I would really love Tammy and the Bachelor, too - great Debbie Reynolds performance, and Sweet Charity - superb choreography from Bob Fosse. Deanna Durbin classics have also been sorely neglected - even on DVD we've yet to see a few materialize at all. Pipe dreams, me thinks - but dream, the dreamers of the world must. Where would we be without the dreamers? Indeed.

SeanSKA

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
I would love to see Kino tackle some of the Abbott and Costello catalog from Uni, also The Heiress - long overdue for Blu rediscovery, and Going My Way. Both of these latter flicks are Oscar-winners to varying degrees and such a shame they are MIA in hi-def. Deservedly in need of an upgrade.

I would really love Tammy and the Bachelor, too - great Debbie Reynolds performance, and Sweet Charity - superb choreography from Bob Fosse. Deanna Durbin classics have also been sorely neglected - even on DVD we've yet to see a few materialize at all. Pipe dreams, me thinks - but dream, the dreamers of the world must. Where would we be without the dreamers? Indeed.

I could never understand why "Going My Way" and "The Heiress"- and also "The Lost Weekend" , have not received blu-ray releases

Jobla

Supporting Actor
RED SKY AT MORNING (1970)
LET'S KILL UNCLE (William Castle)
SWORD OF LANCELOT
COLLEGE CONFIDENTIAL
DARK INTRUDER
COMPANIONS IN NIGHTMARE (1968, made-for-TV)
SECRET OF BLOOD ISLAND (lost Hammer film)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello

I THINK that Tammy And the Bachelor was announced recently as coming to Blu-ray.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I would LOVE to see The Inner Sanctum 6 films released on Bluray ! Made by Universal in 1943-1945 with Lon Chaney Jr.
Yes, and maybe while they were at it , they could make it a Lon Chaney Jr tribute box set and add Man Made Monster.
I'd also love t be able to buy the complete Captive Wild Woman series on BD

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Let me throw out a really obscure Universal title I'd love to see released. It's FAST CHARLIE...THE MOONBEAM RIDER, a Roger Corman production for Universal. It's an odd film for Corman. A light-hearted look at early 1900 motorcycle riders and the first long distance cycle race with stars David Carradine and Brenda Vaccaro. Also in the cast are L.Q. Jones, R.G. Armstrong, Terry Kiser, Jesse Vint and some cool antique motorcycles. It's directed by Steve Carver of BIG BAD MAMA and LONE WOLF MCQUADE. It's been years since I've seen it and would love to see a Blu-ray of this one.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
So many films that they could release . Of course if they're part of the deal . I would also love to see the 6 Inner Sanctum films on Bluray . Very underrated films . Lon is excellent in these mysteries .

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
PETE AND TILLIE
THE CHOIRBOYS
DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE
MELVIN AND HOWARD
THE SEDUCTION OF JOE TYNAN
MOMENT BY MOMENT
THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS
THE BIG FIX
THE BRINKS JOB
HOUSE CALLS
ALL NIGHT LONG ( 1981)
ENDLESS LOVE
PURSUIT OF DB COOPER
ALMOST SUMMER
THE NUDE BOMB
RESSURECTION
RUNNING
THE GREAT WALDO PEPPER
WC FIELDS AND ME
GABLE AND LOMBARD
NUNZIO
WALK PROUD
JANIS
CHANGE OF HABIT
LIMBO
TWO PEOPLE
CAN HIERYNMOUS MERKIN FORGET MERCY HUMPPE?
MOMENT TO MOMENT
ARABESQUE
HARD TO HOLD
ICEMAN
TAKING OFF
THE FRONT PAGE
SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN
CATTLE ANNIE AND LITTLE BRITCHES
SWEET LIBERTY
SAME TIME NEXT YEAR
NAPOLEON
ANIMAL CRACKERS
BINGO LONG
THE BAWDY ADVENTURES OF TOM JONES
CHECKERED FLAG OR CRASH
THE PROMISE
CARAVANS
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN 1 AND 2
PRISONER OF ZENDA
RED SKY AT MORNING
SEPTEMBER 30 1955

Last edited:

Steven Ward

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
Errol Flynn Fans! Let us protest Universal for NOT RELEASING what is probably the ONLY FLYNN FEATURE THAT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED ON DVD or BLU-RAY as of this date: "ISTANBUL" (1957). I might ALSO ADD the fact that, ONLY AROUND 20 TITLES in the decade of 1950-60 FROM Universal-International, were made in the combination of TECHNICOLOR AND CINEMASCOPE !!! THIS FILM WAS ONE OF THOSE!

Jobla

Supporting Actor
RED SKY AT MORNING (1970)
KITTEN WITH A WHIP
THE SWORD OF LANCELOT
FLOWER DRUM SONG (aka CRAZY WELL-TO-DO ASIANS)
LET'S KILL UNCLE
THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN uncut
THE GLASS MENAGERIE (1987, if Universal still has the rights)
RESURRECTION (1980)

Jobla

Supporting Actor
RED SKY AT MORNING (1970) is another title that has never been released in any format, anywhere in the world.

To my list, I'll add COLLEGE CONFIDENTIAL, another Mamie Van Doren/Albert Zugsmith all-star camp classic. That's another title that hasn't appeared on home video.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
2000'S(6) The Interpreter, Ice Harvest , Far From Heaven , Talk to Me, Breach, Motorcycle Diaries

1990's(9) The Gingerbread Man, The Chamber, Mad Dog and Glory, Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Crooklyn, Clockers, The Real McCoy Henry and June

1980s(9) Stick, In God We Trust, Iceman, Endless Love, Raggedy Man, Resurrection, The Four Seasons, Melvin and Howard, All Night Long

1970s(10) The Black Windmill, Charley Varrick, They Might Be Giants, Midnight Man, The Last Remake of Beau Geste, The Seduction of Joe Tynan, Showdown, The Big Fix, The Brinks Job

1960s(18) Sweet Charity, Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, The Appaloosa, The Rare Breed, The Gathering of Eagles, Blindfold, The War Lord, Madame X, The Portrait in Black, Rough Night in Jericho, Tobruk, Ballad of Josie, Arabesque, Mirage, Flower Drum Song, Change of Habit, The Brass Bottle, Munsters Go Home

1950s(15)Foxfire, Female on the Beach, Last Command, Tarnished Angels, Bend of the River, Naked Alibi, Thunder Bay, Night Passage, Land of the Unknown, Jivaro, The Conqueror, Captain Lightfoot, Jet Pilot, Man of a Thousand Faces, Man Without a Star

All underlines HAVE been announced All others are guesses

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks