What's new
World Wide Stereo

My Theater featured in the local paper ;-) (1 Viewer)

paul_r

Grip
Wow that was great. Do you have a web site where I can see more pictures of your theater? Thanks
Paul.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Congrats Steve,

Now you have to get the article mounted and framed and hang it in your theater like the a poster...LOL

Signed
Ed

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I think the article also gave a nice plug to the Home Theater Forum. I'm sure Ron and Packy will appreciate that.
Sweet theater by the way. It's a shame that mine cost just as much if not more than yours, and yours blows mine outta the water! It's amazing how patience and research pays off in the long run. Congratulations.

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys.
I plan on having the article mounted permanently on some kind of wood background with a clear coating over it (shellac?). anybody have any idea where to get that done? Maybe a trophy maker shop? It will hang in the theater for sure.

The theater is 12'X 20'. And yes, research does pay off. The writer got some details wrong though. It was the projector that was $10,000 that I got half price as a demo, not the whole system. But that was the trigger that changed the plan from a big screen and couches to a true theater decor.
I can't say enough about the folks at Jamieson's Audio Video in Toledo. I was there for a ball game and went in to listen to speakers. I told the guy I wasn't from there and wasn't ready to buy yet anyway, and he still spent a good 2 or 3 hours with me, explaining, auditioning, ect. I didn't take that for granted, knowing that they work on commission. So, a few months later when it came time to buy, I drove 6 hours, back to Toledo and bought the entire system from the same salesman. They opened up early on a Saturday for me to audition the projector, and by the time we were finished, choosing and packing it all in the truck, it was closing time and I was nearly $10,000 poorer but stoked!

This forum was invaluable to me in getting it done right and finding a lot of the other parts, such as seating, posters, speaker placement, construction tips, etc. I wanted to be sure it was mentioned in the article so others looking to get into the hobby would find all the help that is here.

Thanks again guys. Not only for the props, but for the help.

Steve

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Very Excellent. I feel better now, knowing that the whole thing wasent under $10k. I don't feel so bad. :D

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
I like your theater marcus. if all of ours were alike what would the fun of that be? How do you like your svs sub?
I have a Paradigm PW-2200 now and am thinking of adding a PB2+ as a second sub.

Steve

Dayton isn't far from me. I've been there several times. We should try to get together somtime.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
thinking of adding a PB2+ as a second sub
That's very funny. Trust me if you get that SVSub it won't be the second sub, it will be the first and maybe even the only one you use :D

I love my SVSub I'd like to get a bigger one or dual, but my girl already hates the one I have now, too much bass (so she says).

But if your ever in town, your more than welcome to come over. All HTF members are welcome to/in my home. Here's the proof :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks