What's new

My take on the Criterion Collection (1 Viewer)

Jarod M

Stunt Coordinator
Playtime is a film that benefits greatly from a large screen presentation. Having viewed the 70mm film twice in the theater, I even found that it played better the second time when the screen was much larger. Watching it on DVD, perhaps on a smaller screen, is not the way to be introduced to the film. At this point I have a hard time watching a DVD when a Blu-ray version is available, especially when the movie is a 70mm film whose quality is greatly diminished on DVD.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
You may have a point. I did watch it on a nice 58" plasma, but in DVD, not Blu-ray. Don't know if I yet want to invest in a Blu-ray of a title I wasn't nuts about, but I do keep coming back to this in my mind. Maybe a second viewing might be in order.

Thanks,

Stu

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hehheh. Enjoyed the read. I was sorely tempted to blind-buy The Seventh Seal on BD during the recent sales, but backed out in part because there were too many other titles I needed/wanted to get (both for myself and the family). I'll probably see if I can give it a rent and then maybe pick it up during the next sale on Criterion titles, if another actually comes along again.

_Man_

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Stu - great post. Congrats on (finally) experiencing the brilliance of THE SEVENTH SEAL, a film that will permanently reside in my ever-changing Top 10.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
Thanks, Craig - what a great film. I expected to be impressed by it, but didn't expect it to be so emotional and human - I'm so glad I decided to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks