What's new

My satellite receiver died, need opinions on new receiver (1 Viewer)

Arron H

Second Unit
My satellite receiver died and I'm not sure where to go from here. I have Dish Network. I also have an HDTV. I'm not sure that I am ready to make the jump to something like the 921 model that is coming out soon. I'm wondering if there are any decent satellite receivers under $150 that could get me by for a little longer until the HDTV receivers drop in price somewhat. Is there really much difference in quality in the receivers around $150 or less? Recommendations welcome!

Arron H

Second Unit
I just want to add that I do not have a clear line of sight for Direct and so, I am looking for Dish only receivers.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Arron
I just installed a Dish PVR 508; it has an optical output and a s video out. The PVR is intergrated into the reciever.
The lady paid aabout $250 but that was with another xcver and dish
Call them up and see what you can get it for
Not sure about the HD on that one
Grant

Arron H

Second Unit
Grant,

Funny that you should mention the 508. I have one on order from Sears. The 508 seems like a preety decent middle of the road option and that is kind of what I ended up deciding would work best for me at this point.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
it seems pretty decent...RF remote too.
let me know how you like it
grant

Richard Q

Auditioning
I've had the 508 since November and love it. The only problem (and it's minor) is that the remote isn't quite as powerful as my previous one (the original 4000 receiver).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks