What's new

My projector lamp just blew up! (1 Viewer)

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Neil:

I don't know what Sharp model you have, but I have the XV-Z1U.

There were a couple of great tips mentioned relating the bulb life, specifically, DO NOT unplug the unit while the cooling fan is engaged. And, keep the filter as clean as possible. I climb up and clean my PJ once a month and clean the filter weekly.

No, the instructions don't come with the PJ or the bulb. I obtained them through Sharp service in Mississauga.

If your PJ is like mine, it will flash with a light indicator warning with 1900 hours on the bulb, which will flash for the first minute or so while the PJ is on. At 2000 hrs, it will simply shut down. It's not shutting down as a safety factor but due to the fact the bulb is now past it's optimum brightness period. Remember, they are rated for 3000 hours. This comes from Sharp service...

Turn the side rocker switch off at the side of the PJ and use the remote to turn the PJ on to do a power drain. Then press all four arrow adjustment buttons and the volume buttons simultaneously while turning the rocker switch on at the same time. Then use your remote to turn on the PJ.

Jens: I'm not familiar with your PJ. I know most of the PJ's do have a lamp counter on them. I would certainly call them and kick up a fuss. You have nothing to lose.

Good luck.

Herb.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Neil, I don't remember the exact manufacturer, but it is one of those compact models similar in style to the ones shown in the banner ads of HTF. Very compact and can probably fit in a briefcase. Also, the prices I quoted are in Canadian dollars and not American dollars. The projector would cost about $2500 and the bulb about $550 in American greenbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks