What's new

my PC desktop will look stretched/distorted on new plasma? (1 Viewer)

chelentano

Agent
I have ViewSonic m2000 HTPC wich comes with NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440-8X video card. According to my research the card does not have an option for common plasma resolution of 1366 x 768. Some of the available resolutions are: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1400, 2048x1536

I am planning to get new 50" plasma TV and hook it up to HTPC, but plasma TV comes with 1366 x 768 resolution not supported by my PC video card.

Does it mean my PC desktop will look stretched/distorted on my new plasma? What can I do about it?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
There's a software product called Powerstrip which allows you to create custom resolutions. Though I don't know whether those custom resolutions would work for the XP Media Center display, it would at least work for the computer side of things (web browsing, applications, etc).

I don't know the details about Powerstrip. Someone will chime in.

Chris Bozeman

Auditioning
If you have an Nvidia-based card in your system, then all you're going to have to do is download the latest ForceWare drivers from Nvidia's website. The drivers along with Windows XP MCE are going to auto-detect your display device and show you what resolutions are available for usage (1366 x 768 being one of them). At that point all you'll need do is go to Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Screen Resolution and adjust as necessary.

I can't seem to post URLs since I've not posted more than 15 times here... whatever... what you're looking for is at Nvidia's website...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks