What's new

My next project Hometheater L/R's (1 Viewer)

aaron_dewitt

Agent
Ok everyone i just got done building my DHT surround speakers, i am using them as my mains right now i am very impressed with the quality coming out of these some what small bookshelfs. Here is the deal, I have had a bose lifestyle system for about 5 years now and ever since i have been going to this forum i have been phasing the bose cubes out of the system. So far i have a Denon 3802 reciever/ A Klipsch RC-7 center/ SVS 20-39PCI sub/ and now i am using the DHT speakers as my fronts. I want to move my newly make DHT's to the sourround position as soon as i build some mains. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am willing to spend around 500-700 dollars on Drivers and electrical. This is for a 100% hometheater application. The room is fairly large. A plan with a cross over schematics and cabinet design would be nice. Thanks for all of the help! I would like the sound to blow my dad out of the water.

Aaron

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Aaron, there are a lot of options for DIY towers, but I would recommend that you try to go with matching speakers all around. In your case, I would either
1. try something similar to the DHT speakers you already made (don't know if there is a tower model available?) or 2. try to find something that matches up with the Klipsch (but that will be tough to do - something with a horn I assume).

try a search for "klipsch" and "DIY" or something and maybe you'll get lucky and someone has already tried this. Otherwise I guess you'll just have to ask around a bit. I hope you find something that you like as much as your surrounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks