What's new

My new Ht room (1 Viewer)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Well after 8 months I finally have my basement finished. This project really consumed me for every spare minute of everyday for the entire 8 months. We added a HT room/bar area, rec room, bedroom and a full bathroom feel free to click on the other photos in the link to see the project in it's entirety. I still want to add some black curtains around the screen and behind the speakers as well as some sound treatment panels to the walls.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/leftyjon...60762403540168.

Here's my equipment list:

SPEAKERS: Paradigm reference Studio 60's(V2)
Paradigm Studio CC(V2)
Paradigm SA-15R in ceiling (surround)
RECEIVER: B&K AVR-507
DVD PLAYER: Denon 2900 (soon to be upgraded to a Blue Ray capable player)
PROJECTOR: INFocus IN76 720P
SCREEN: Carada 80"
Wiring provided by Blue Jeans Cables, Speaker Wiring is all CL-2 rated 12 gage.

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Nice equipment with a very clean look. Your speaker placement is better than most and I like that your center channel is at ear level. The sub is in a great place at the center of the wall for less room interaction.

I would have suggested a darker paint color for the walls, moving the speakers further from the back wall, and although the shelf is great for center speaker placement, it is not a good idea to enclose a subwoofer due to its omnidirectional sound radiation patterns. An open shelf for the center channel would have been better.

I also like your equipment selection and it seems you did a fair bit of research on components.

Well done!!!

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I was going for a clean look as well as functionality. In other words, I didn't want the center channel sitting out in the open on a stand, and I also didn't want the subwoofer sitting there in the open in the center of the room. (The base of the built in will also be covered with the same black curtains as the entire front wall hiding the subwoofer completely). Obviously there are some performance trade offs with my design but it does sound excellent. There is approximately 6 inches behind the CC giving the speaker plenty of room to breath. The side speakers also have ample room to "breath" and sound excellent. I do agree about the color but I had the WAF playing a big roll in the color choice. I think once we get the sound treatments up the improvement will be dramatic. Thanks for your input.

Greg

Real Name
Brian
How are the speakers working for you? I choose 2xstudio 60's, 4 adp 590's, 1 servo15 and 1 cc690. Its going to be set up in a couple of days and then i will put up some pics.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg

They work very well for me....

I purchased my V2 60's new when they first came out, so I've had them for quite awhile now. I would say they even sound better with age, love these speakers and will probably have them forever!

FWIW, a friend and I drove a few hours to audition the new Studio 100's and after we left he commented on how he thought my 60's sounded better. The new 100's sounded very bright to both of us, more so than I remember my 60's being when they were new. Perhaps after they break in they'll warm up like my 60's did. I think you'll enjoy your set-up very much, just don't critique the speakers too hard until they've broken in.

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
sweet theater, bro!

love the clean look of it.

I just ordered my projector on yesterday from projector people and will finally be able to share with everyone as well.

great work, and as someone always says on here, find the time to enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks