What's new

My in-laws system (1 Viewer)

MichaelMc

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Hey there,
I'm at my in-laws. They have just moved into a new home. Hooked up throughout the house are various speakers over two levels of the house. They all lead to one cabinet area and they are looking to buy a receiver. Pictured are the ends of the cables. I recognize the banana plugs, but the other two are foreign to me. If you wouldn't mind a brief explanation of what they could link up to and which receiver would be worth purchasing would be h

Attachments

• 1484861337234-1201617135.jpg
    1484861337234-1201617135.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 55

BaconFat

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
I might be wrong, but those three connectors on the left look like what is used with a multi-room amp. If you look as some Russound amps their speaker wire connectors look similar. I believe the connectors on the amps are removable to ease the installation of the speaker wires.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Bacon is correct, those are Phoenix connectors from a multi-room amplifier. You can easily see how each makes for a compact connection of two speakers compared to regular banana plugs. If you don’t want to use a multiroom amp, you can always unscrew the wires from the connector and use a regular amp with banana plugs.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks