What's new

My Home Theatre - 12 Pictures (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit

Yup!
You're an HT addict! :b
Either come to terms with it or keep them upgrades coming.:emoji_thumbsup:

I always think there is something wrong with my room. So wrong in fact I am trying to convince the wife to let me build another (a 2nd HT) HT room.

Your room looks great as is.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
BrianKR: Thanks dude, I see other peoples and think now what else can I add to mine! ehehe....

WOW, now yours is very impressive. Sexy B&W Speakers uh. I was thinking of upgrading to those. Alittle pricey for me at the time.

Your seats look very nice and comfy.

Excellent job.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone has any more ideas for my HT room. I feel its missing something. plants maybe? pictures? posters?

Tod Golden

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, very nice setup. I agree with you that there is a feeling that it is missing something. A few well placed plants and some pictures, and or posters would do the trick.

Tod

BrianKR

Second Unit
Thx for the kind words on my room.
I cant wait to add a projector and screen like you have.

I agree with David on the curtains :emoji_thumbsup:, that is a great idea.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Tod: Thanks, I am planning on heading down to the nursery this weekend to check out a few things.

Also I was either thinking some movie posters in nice frames or some art on the wall. Im trying to keep a very trendy looking room :)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
David,

Good idea. Only one problem with screen almost going right to the top of the ceiling it mite cause a problem. However I will have a think about it.

Thanks!

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
BrianKR,

I must say your room is very impressive!

I love what you have done with the lighting on the top of your curtains and ofcourse the speakers look great and really offset the room adding to it the white chairs & sofa give the room a nice contrast.

:)

Ross_N

Grip
Hi Nick,

Nice job on the room especially like the DIY screen job? What paint did you use? and what size is the trim around the screen?

Good job.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Impressive Nick, nice job. How do you like the 500? I'm shooting a L200u on an 85" screen. Impressive little PJs.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Omard: Room is about 4.2m by 6m

Its a really nice size for a room, still gives alot of space to move around and doesn't look empty or too clutted.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Ross_N: Yes it was DIY, just used a matt white paint the trim around the side is about 12cm, thought it gave a better effect then a thinner border.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Ron-P: AE500 is fantastic, I run pretty much everything in low mode as I find the only need for high is if the movie is extremely dark.

If I had the choice all over again I would still go for the AE500, absolutly great!

What size room are you putting your projector to be in?

Great Looking room! You could definately use some movie posters or a lightbox (another great do-it-yourself project) As far as equipment goes, no hometheater is complete with out a pronto. Just my opinion :)

brad hess

Auditioning
The room looks great as it is. There is a great wood theme going between the floors and the speakers. i would finish the walls with a darker earth tone to make the speakers stand out. Maybe a reddish earth tone like cherry wood or red wood. i would finish it off with some small bonsai. Just a thought
good luck

Some fellow Aussies on this site - great to see.

I've got Mirage speakers (the mains have powered subwoofers) but I also have an Aaron sub240. That baby shakes the damn house down in action movies - one of the best value & best performing subwoofers I've ever heard.

Like your handy work with the white screen.

Chris Brock

Second Unit
i must say i think it looks absolutly wonderful. this type of look is exactly what I am working towards. the screen expecially looks very professional and custom. you say that is a 145" screen! that is huge. I will probebly be going around 100 - 110".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks