What's new

My Home Theater Improvement Project Is Finally Complete!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Okay, okay...wow...I got a few nice things for Christmas: a lot of money, which I used to buy several DVD/CD shelves and a Home Theater Equipment rack from Ikea. Also got myself a new corner desk so I could actually move back far enough to get a great view of my home theater. :D

Anyway, here are the photos of my efforts, which are now finally complete after a year in the making. I assembled the desk, shelves, and equipment rack on my own (which wasn't that difficult at all so why am I even mentioning that here?) Buuuuut, without further adieu, here is my improved home theater (complete with a pisspoor before shot).

Also, my current HT setup includes:

Toshiba 42H83 RPTV
Kenwood HTB-504 Speaker system
Sony SLV-AX10 Hi-Fi Stereo VCR (which isn't even connected)
Toshiba SD-4700 DVD player (connected with component cables, baby! Whoo-hoo!!) :D

Before anyone says anything, yes, I will be doing something about those cables in the surround speaker shot, okay? ;)

Before:

Link Removed

After:

:D

Front Shot of Home Theater

Side Shot With Opened Equipment Rack :D

Rear Shot Featuring Surround Speakers and Corner Desk Also features the rest of my continuing DVD collection and my CD collection as well. ;)

And, of course, my ever growing DVD Collection :D

Chris Derby

Second Unit
looks great.. be careful with your equipment rack, though. the silver finish will rub off if you're not careful. for that matter, the tv will do the same thing.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Chris- Thanks for the tip! I'm very careful with all of my equipment/HT stuff, though. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Richard- Oh, I am!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg- Thanks! In answer to your question: As soon as I move out into a pimpin' apartment. Of course, you'll have to pay your own way and bring the beer. I'll supply the ladies. :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Lookin great! Just fyi I made a thread in the bargains section for the JBL N24s for $60. :emoji_thumbsup: I also got an HTB-504, but quickly upgraded to Northridge speakers all around. You'll love the new sound. ;)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Scott- Thread farter. Kidding! :D

I'm going to upgrade to some JBLs (not sure which ones, though) within the next year. Don't know how much longer it's going to be, though. That is a sweet deal, though! I just did a Home Theater audio calibration for a co worker that got a JBL HTIB (speakers only) and a Harmon Kardon receiver. I really like its sound. The subwoofer kicks arse! So I'm definitely upgrading to JBLs.

Thanks again for the comments, everyone. I'm hoping the ladies I bring home will like it...even if I have cables hanging around everywhere temporarily. ;)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Brian,

Looks great.

BTW, You still have space to buy more equipment, but those DVD shelves are full now, so either stop buying more DVDs (or else, perhaps, you can send some to friendly members on this forum to safely store them for you :D ).

Cees

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Cees- Keep in mind that I can always buy more shelves. The only way I'll stop buying DVDs is when all four walls of my bedroom are stacked top to bottom with DVDs. And even then I'll just extend the collection out to the hallway. Then maybe I'll consider lending them out to the HTF membership for "safe storage" as you called it. :D

Johnny- Thanks! I kinda don't like the wallpaper, but that's just me. The paper on one wall is a bunch of leaves laid out in a pattern and the other wall has a type of stucco-like (that's the best description I could come up with for this) pattern with vertical lines. I don't know why they didn't use matching wallpaper on all four walls. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks