What's new

My first tv special is airing August 31st. (Montezuma's Revenge) (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've been working in a small production studio for the past 4 months now and my first tv special that I got to work on from start to finish is going to air on Outdoor Life Network (OLN) starting next tuesday the 31st. It will air throughout the month of September as well.

The hour long show is called Montezuma's Revenge and is probably the world's toughest mountainbike race. It is a 24 hour race that takes place high up in the Rockies. The race was over 140 miles which included almost 31,000 vertical feet of climbing including crossing the Continental Divide 10 times and climbing 3 14 thousand footers in the middle of the night. This thing was intense.

I was one of 7 different cameramen covering the race and had my share of hiking. But I also got to work in post since our studio is the one that is completing the project. So I got to do the graphics, some editing, and voice over.

Overall it has been a fun experience and I am just excited to see a project make it on the air besides just our local stations. Of course it will probably be seen by only 2 people but hey, that's TWO people. :D

Anyway, if you are bored or think about it, try to check it out. Only the schedule shows up on OLN right now but I did see it listed on my Tivo.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Congrats on your debut there, Jason. I'm not sure we have OLN on our cable system, but if we do, I'll certainly check it out. Any other projects on the horizon?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Bryan. Hell, I didn't even know who OLN was before this. Turns out it was that channel I always speed past when going from Comedy Central to TVLand. :b

As for future stuff, I know we are going to be covering the first Ironman Competition in China. Probably won't happen until late next year. Otherwise a few documentaries are in the works.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations Bryan. I have OLN, the better to follow the Tour de France and will keep it as an extra until after your special debuts.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Congrats Jason! I have OLN (watch the Tour de France on it) and I'll definitely keep an eye out for it, so at least three people will be watching. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks