What's new

My eBay account was just taken over (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Guess what? They got mine too! And my Email! :angry: :angry:

And they tried to sell a car, Its not like I check my auctions every 12 hours and wouldn't notice it......

The worst thing is that I lose my email account (they changed the password) I've had for 10 years. And had to change all my contact information for all the forums & bank websites I use (2 hours of suck).

Damn you eBay thieves!

James T

Screenwriter
It's that time of year I guess???? I work retail, so I know around Christmas time, more thieves come in our store. Is that the definition of irony? They steal from someone, only to use it to buy stuff for others during Christmas?

Someone else e-mail the "seller" and got another set of bank information with yet another name attached. The guy's name went from Jeff(his hotmail account) to Theresa(the name on his bank) to Michael Nguyen(the name on the other bank account).

So just to recap, he assumed my eBay identity and claims he just recently moved from Canada to California, yet his eBay auciton says he lives in Denver. Then his bank account info says he's a chick, but his second bank account says he's some asian dude? I guess this trail is too much of a hassle for the feds to deal with....

Maybe I should contact that P-p-p-powerbook guy and get him to set something up for this hacker!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks