What's new

my computer is asking if I can take a cookie every ten seconds, help!! (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
The woman used the computer yesterday and may have accidentally done something...

I get on the computer and go online. Every time I do anything, open a new browser, click a link, a Security Alert box opens up and asks if I'll take a cookie. I don't mink cookies, but why is it doing this now? I've have this computer for years without it asking for cookie permission.

jeremy

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Jeremy,

If you using Netscape, go to Edit->Preferences and click on Advanced in the left column. Then uncheck the "Warn me before accepting a cookie" box.

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
It's been ages since I used IE 4. If I remember correctly, click on the View tab at the top of the window and go down to Internet options. Then click the security tab and make sure the Internet zone is highlighted (the one with the planet looking thing), then click the Custom button. Scroll down till you see something about cookies and click on Enable cookies, which will make IE automaticly take cookies without the box showing up everytime you get a cookie. Click OK and that'll get rid of the prompts.

Oscar W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oscar
I use a program from Kookaburra Software called Cookie Pal. You can download a 30-day trial, but it keeps working after that period. I splurged on the $15 registration.
It handles all of your cookies for you. I only have to deal with new cookies once and it takes care of any future cookies. Handy little program.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks