What's new

My Canare DIY Cables (1 Viewer)

TysonL

Agent
Just wanted to let everyone who has wanted to try making their own Canare interconnects, that the "canare tools" are not necessary. I made the following:

3 - Audio patch cables from LV77S(1-3.5ft)
1 - A/V Audio Video Patch from LV77s and L5CFB(3.5ft)
1 - Composite Video Cable from L5CFB(4ft)
1 - Subwoofer cable from LV77S(6ft)
1 - Component Video Cable from V5CFB(12ft)
3 - Speaker Cables for L/C/R from StarQuad 4S8

All of these cables and necessary tool purchases cost me $155.00

I used all canare cable and connectors, GB coax stripper from Home Depot, coax crimper, soldering iron, solder, heat gun, a razor, and some heat shrink tubing.

The stripper was a bit tricky and I am sure no way as efficient as the Canare one. I had to use a razor to clean some of it up prior to connector installation. I soldered the tips rather than crimping. As for the crimper, I had an old crimper left by a cable tv guy some 10 years ago and it worked perfectly.....this is the only area I am not sure about for you others since I had this baby already.

Can anyone build these without the Canare tools? I would say no...it'll end up being alot of frustration. Can someone who has some soldering/cable/electronics skill do this without the tools? Absolutely.

Does it sound any better than the monster and AR interconnects I had before? I don't think so, but it sure did neaten up my installation and they look beautiful on the cheap! Anyone wanna buy a bulk lot of AR and Monster cables?

Tyson

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
So the new Canare products don't sound better than your monster and AR cables?!?

And now you're selling them because you like the way your Canares look?

Hmmmm...

TysonL

Agent
Chris,

The cables provide a much neater installation as they are all custom made to length. The speaker cables have made an improvement in sound, but I have noticed no audible improvement in the interconnects. The sheer build construction of my DIY cables are far superior to the MONSTER and AR cables I was using before.

I'm sort of a perfectionist and partial to the appearance of a neat installation.

Lee,

They are the performance series.

Tyson

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks