What's new

My Bro's Lookin For a Car, HTF Help Needed (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I've driven both, and the perceived low-end torque between the two is negligible (the V6 is much heavier than the 1.8T). My manager is also driving the V6 and when we brought it to the track, from 0 to 80 kph, we are in line with each other, only beyond that the V6 is starting to win.

Now if $$ is no object, I would choose the V6 due to two reasons:

1. I like the interior options on the V6 version better
2. transition on gear change is slightly smoother.

When new, the price difference is about US$8,000. IMHO, with my "value conscious" personality, I won't pay the difference. I'd rather get the 1.8T, get it chipped (with that you'll also need to change the DV to a higher quality one, and better brakes too)and I'll end up getting MORE power and better braking performance than the V6 and still I'll pay about US$5,000 cheaper than a stock V6.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
UPDATE:

Car found.

First the short explanation. My bro and dad looked at an '01 A4 1.8T w/ 58,000 miles going for $16k. Said it was ok; it was a little beat up. Right before they said no thanks, a single female lawyer rolled up in her 2000 A4. She traded it in and now it's to be my bro's.

SPECS:

2000 Burgundy A4 1.8T Quattro AWD
Color: Burgundy, white/tan interior
Miles: 36,000
Price: $18,000

not bro's actual car

Sounds like a keeper to me. He's dead set on 'tricking' it out. That means sound system, new wheels/tires, lowering 2", and hp boost. Luckily, he knows that we do not put stickers on our cars. thanks for the great help from all.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yow from $12,000 to $18. Guess it was love at first sight.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Well, since he already bought it, my post doesn't matter, but at 19 years old he'd be better off saving his money.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
i see it more as from 16,000 to 18,000

and ya, he'll save his money...for a sound system, new wheels/tires, lowering 2", and hp boost!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks