What's new

My basment lights and my sub dont like eachother. (1 Viewer)

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I have two recessed(can)lights above my sub and they rattle alot and its very loud. I dont notice it much when watching movies but when im playing music it is loud. anyone have any ideas for making recessed lights quiet?

I don't have a solution for you, but I've got exactly the same problem. When my Paradigm Servo-15 starts a-rumblin', the high hats in the ceiling start a-rattlin'.

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I though about that but i wasnt sure if the heat from the light would mess up the caulk.

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Same problem here with my servo-15. I just added little bits of cardboard (my fixtures do not get so hot as to ignite them)between the rim and the drywall. Try using the Avia Sub tones to find rattles in the room, then you can eliminate the vibrations as you walk around finding them.

Ken

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is the rim rattling against the ceiling or is the light rattling against the rim?

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
The rim is rattling aginst the celling. I think im gonna get some wood shimes, cut the up and put them in between the celling and can. when i do ill post back and tell ya how it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks